What 2015 has taught me
I'm back with another update post. Firstly I would like to wish you all a happy, peaceful and very successful 2016. I hope you spent the holidays with your friends and family and that you had a great time.
In 2016 I decided to make some changes regarding my blog, Blush. After the whole relaunch in October last year, I had been posting every single work day, with no exception whatsoever and I'm really proud of that. I proved to myself and others that I can do it. However, if you have been following my recent posts on Instagram, I've been planning/preparing a lot for 2016 - lots of projects as well as school work, which will definitely take a lot of my time this year. That's why I decided to start posting less frequently than usual - not every single day, but two or three times a week. I just feel like I can prepare better quality posts for you that way. So I chose quality over quantity for 2016, hope you don't mind that.
I have also prepared a variety of topics that I want to cover in my upcoming posts. I want to focus a bit more on the lifestyle side of this blog and not just beauty or fashion. I want to write about topics I enjoy and are relevant to all of us. And if there is anything specific you would like me to write about, reviews of specific products, DIY's etc. don't hesitate to let me know - just comment below the posts. I will appreciate all your suggestions, because I love when you get involved as well.
Now back to the original idea of the post, which you saw in the title. 2015 has been a difficult yet still an amazing year, filled with both ups and downs. I learnt a lot in the past year, especially about how to react in certain situations, how to never give up (even in most difficult situations), but mainly how to stay positive.
Here are some of the lessons 2015 has taught me:
1. Don't leave things until the last minute because I always regret it in the end.
2. Now I know how to unapologetically say no to unimportant things.
3. Plan everything.
4. Stay humble and realistic.
5. Work hard and save money. You never know what the future has in store for us.
6. Don't be afraid to try out new things. Get out of your comfort zone, because you'll be surprised how it can change your perspective on life and people.
7. Stay positive, which is hard in the 21st century, when the media constantly bombards you with an endless amount of negative news.
8. I am officially in my twenties now, which does scare me (not gonna lie) but I'm prepared for the new challenges that'll come in my way.
9. This year I learnt how to properly take care of my skin. Even though I would call myself a beauty blogger, I have never really cared that much about my skin, which is awful, I know. But now I have my own routine that I stick to it and works perfectly for me.
10. At last, in 2016 I picked up my camera more, took a lot of pictures (not just for the Instagram, but also for myself) and still enjoyed the moment I was in. Perfect combination!
I feel like 2016 is going to be an amazing year. And I would absolutely love it, if you would share it with me.